When placing an order for semen, mare owners are required to complete the nomination form and make payment in full before any semen will be released. Once the online nomination form has been completed, an invoice will be issued to the mare owner with details of payment.
All orders for semen must be received by 0900hrs the day before you require the semen delivered. Chilled semen will be sent out via Royal Mail Special Delivery for 1000hrs the following day. On the days that Royal Mail does not deliver the semen (you cannot place an order for next day delivery on a Saturday and Sunday) it can be collected in person from the stud or the client can make alternative arrangements to have it collected.
Frozen semen will be stored at Oakham Veterinary Hospital and shipped via TNT. Again orders for semen must be received by 0900hrs the day before for next day delivery. Shipping and collection fees are payable directly by the mare owner to Oakham Veterinary Hospital.
All shipping containers are free to hire but must be returned to Oakham Veterinary Hospital or to Caunton Manor Stud within 3 working days. Failure to do so will result in a charge to the mare owner.
For orders outside the UK, all required health papers will be organised by Caunton Manor Stud.
Terms & Conditions
1. Payment is required in full at the time of nomination and no semen will be dispatched prior to full and cleared payment, health certificates and delivery charges. Payments are accepted via BACS, cheque and all major credit cards. Please note payments made by card will carry a 2.5% surcharge. Payments made by cheque must be cleared before any semen can be dispatched.
2. All fees are subject to VAT at 20% unless otherwise stated.
3. All chilled and frozen semen supplied are subject to the terms offered by Caunton Manor Stud, if frozen semen is used please be aware that you will be charged per pregnancy if doses are split.
4. Caunton Manor Stud must be informed if semen is to be used as part of an embryo transfer procedure or ICSI and please be aware that a stud fee is payable for each pregnancy at a reduced rate.
5. Caunton Manor Stud provides no money back guarantee. Once payment has cleared the order is placed and cannot be refunded or exchanged.
6. Chilled semen may be unavailable at times without notice due to competition schedule or illness. Caunton Manor Stud will in these circumstances use reasonable endeavours to provide frozen semen if suitable or another stallion in exchange (at a discounted rate and the difference refunded) or a full refund, if no semen has yet been delivered under the order within 7 working days.
7. All Caunton Manor Stud stallions come with Live Foal Guarantee.
8. Live Foal Guarantee means that if your mare is not in foal by the 1st October and you have written veterinary confirmation of this (including evidence of EVA and CEM test which are negative), or the foal dies within 48hrs of birth, the following breeding year you can receive a free dose of semen from either of Caunton Manor Studs stallions. If there is a difference in price this will also be refunded.
9. Liability and risk for the semen and any container it is transported in is only the responsibility of Caunton Manor Stud prior to transport. Once collected by the transporter, courier or shipping company, the semen becomes the responsibility of the person or company to whom the semen is delivered to/purchased by.
10. Caunton Manor Stud is not liable under any circumstances for any loss or costs incurred where semen is unavailable or delayed, including, but not limited to, veterinary, livery or transport costs.
11. Although the transport couriers endeavour to deliver in accordance with timed deliveries, they do not guarantee a timed delivery. As such, neither the transport companies nor Caunton Manor Stud provide any compensation for any loss or costs arising from late delivery of semen, and in addition the full transport charge will still apply and is payable by the customer.
12. Caunton Manor Stud reserves the right to refuse to accept any order and to cancel any order already placed (whether semen has already been delivered under the order or not) at any time and at the sole and absolute discretion of Caunton Manor Stud.
13. In the event that Caunton Manor Stud cancels any order, the full amount paid by the Customer will be refunded within 7 working days, unless the Customer has already received a dose or more of semen, in which case the Customer will be refunded the full amount paid less a deduction for the value of goods received.
14. All orders placed are subject to the laws and jurisdiction of England and Wales.